Complete Genomics claims to have developed a third-generation sequencing platform.
It is capable of generating genomic data at an unprecedented level of throughput and at low cost ($5000 per genome in 2009)
The company is deploying this platform through its commercial-scale, fully automated genome center and offering a comprehensive human genome sequencing service.
This service will enable its customers to characterize the full spectrum of genetic variants in large numbers of human subjects. This ability to conduct large-scale human genome studies will enable medical researchers to elucidate further the genetic underpinnings of complex diseases and drug responses.
At the heart of Complete Genomics’ sequencing platform are technological advances in libraries, arrays, sequencing assay, instruments and software, integrated into a comprehensive sequencing system specifically designed for large-scale studies of complete human genomes.
Complete Genomics, Inc.
2071 Stierlin Court
Mountain View, CA 94043
News about Complete Genomics Inc. sequencing technology: October 07. 2008
- InSequence: Complete Genomics to Offer $5,000 Human Genome as a Service Business in Q2 2009
- Xconomy: OVP, Enterprise Partners See Big Opportunity in $5,000 Human Genome Sequencing
- FierceBioResearcher: Start-up to offer genome sequencing at bargain rate
- OBBeC (UK): Sequence Your Genome for Only $5,000
- United Press International: Company to offer $5,000 gene mapping
- SmartBrief: Discount-priced genetics
News about Complete Genomics Inc. sequencing technology: October 06. 2008
- New York Times: Dawn of Low-Price Mapping Could Broaden DNA Uses
- Technology Review: Five Thousand Bucks for Your Genome: A new sequencing service could change the face of human genomics
- Bio-IT World: Complete Genomics Service Targets $1000 Genome by Spring 2009
- Bio-IT World: DNA Nanoballs, Petabytes of Data Mark Complete Genomics Platform
- International Herald Tribune: Dawn of low-price mapping could broaden DNA uses
- Seattle Times: Technology Briefs: Biotechnology
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News: Complete Genomics Kicks Off Sequencing Business through Deal with ISB
- Xconomy: ISB, Complete Genomics Form Partnership To Sequence Multiple Human Genomes
- Nature News: $5,000 genome next year, company promises: Complete Genomics is about to release fast, cheap sequencing into a competitive market
- Monsters & Critics: Business News: Company to offer low price for complete genetic blueprint
- ABC News: Five Thousand Bucks for Your Genome
- Genome Technology Online: Complete Genomics Makes Its Debut
- Genome Web Daily News: Complete Genomics, ISB To Collaborate on Genome Studies; Firm Targets $5K Genome for 2009
- Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal: Complete Genomics emerges from stealth